Friday, December 16, 2011

Accusations... WHAT?!

As I have walked with Christ (now entering the 19th year) I have, over the years,  foolishly joined in on a lot of banter for and or against other brothers and sisters that are preaching the same Gospel (Christ and Him crucified) as me.  There are teachings and lessons that I do not agree with.  Sometimes I have even seen other Christians destroying character and lives of others that do not agree with.  We do this, in or modern society, by writing blogs, book and sermons against the accused.


Much mush more sophisticated than burning people at the stake we write books against them (sarcasm).  But the exact same spirit.    In hind sight we see that we killed innocent people.  For what?  Speaking against scripture?  Yes... well at least that is what we thought at the time.

Scripture is very clear about accusations and slander.  In Revelation 12:10 it reads, "...for the accuser of the brothers, who accuses them before our God day and night..."  This reference is talking about Satan.  I always like to think that as I through accusations and slander that what I am doing is aligning myself with the Prince of Darkness himself.  And I do not want that.  


In Luke 11:23 says, "He who is not with me is against me, and he who does not gather with me scatters."  Jesus is talking about Himself in this passage.  I would ask who is the representation of the Lord on this planet today?  


Thats right WE ARE, the Church... the WHOLE church!  


I would say the Baptist, the Lutherans, Assemblies and all the people who only agree on 98% of my precious doctrine ARE PART OF JESUS.  So...they are gathering with us and are working with us so do we dare scatter?  Do you dare accuse the "other guy?" When they are preaching Christ and Him crucified?


In terms of heresy I need to understand that there are 4 (I think) strong foundations that CANNOT be messed with:
1.  The supremacy of Jesus (His deity)
2.  Jesus is the only way back to God.
3.  Not adding or taking away from the infallible Word of God.
4. That Jesus was raised from the dead by God.


If our teaching strays from this at all... we are in danger of heresy.  Not all the other things (doctrine...) we have been continually hearing over the past years.  Things I do not agree with or that the church at large doesn't agree with doesn't constitute it being in a heretical category.


Just look at Galatians 5:20, "...dissensions and factions... those who practices these will not inherit the Kingdom of God,"  When I bring accusations and divisions I bring in the Kingdom of Darkness in to the situation and align myself with Satan and the Bible is clear I will not inherit the Kingdom.


This should not happen.


Promote unity.  Diversity in Unity.  It is the core essence of who God is.  3 diverse personalities woking in unity.  And at the core of that unity is love.  Love always PROTECTS, TRUSTS, HOPES and PERSEVERES!  When I hear something that I do not agree with do I hope, trust, protect that person?  Or do I write a book against them?


Hope this helps,
Ezra עֶזְרָא




2 comments:

  1. I was considering this very thing earlier today when I was asked to give a written response to a very questionable teaching. Helpful insight, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd add one to your list of four strong foundations:

    *Jesus was fully God (His deity as you say) AND fully man.

    ReplyDelete